Special Education Needs & Disabilities
St Elizabeth Catholic Primary School, like all schools in Tower Hamlets, is committed to meeting the needs of all pupils including those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Our expectation is that children and young people with SEND will receive an education that enables them to make progress so that they:
- achieve their best
- become confident individuals living fulfilling lives
- make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training
We will use our best endeavours to make sure that a pupil with SEND gets the support they need – this means doing everything we can to meet the pupils’ special educational needs.
Kelly Studman John Peppard
SENDCo Nursery, Y3-Y6 SENDCo Reception, Y1&2
If you have concerns about your child’s education with regard to special educational needs or disability then please contact the coordinator assigned to your child’s year group above through the school office.
Our team is assisted by:
- Speech & language (S&L) therapist
- Educational Psychologist (EP)
- Play therapist and 1 counsellor Behaviour & Attendance Support Services (BASS)
- Local authority’s Attendance & Welfare Advisor (AWA)
We are also assisted by outreach services from Phoenix School, a specialist Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) school; Occupational Therapists (OT) and the Specific learning Difficulties Team (SPLD).
To contact the SENDCo team, please use the General Contact Form and select SENDCo from the dropdown menu.